Reminder: School will be closed Monday, July 4th and Tuesday, July 5th. We will re-open for Summer School Wednesday, July 6th.
Published on July 2nd, 2022
Soaring Heights Charter School, established in 1997, is an academically high-performing K-8 public school in
Jersey City, New Jersey. We are a collective of hard-working, enthusiastic educators seeking a full-time
innovative STEM teacher to join our team for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
Soaring Heights Charter School is accepting applications for an innovative Science educator for the
2021-2022 school year. The candidate must possess a current Science and/ or New Jersey teacher
certification and the desire to spark creativity through real world engineering projects, giving students
the space to experiment, invent, test, fail and have fun.
Responsibilities and Duties
Interpersonal aptitude - Plan, present and assess lessons based upon the curriculum and state standards, and supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
Patience - Enforce school and class rules in order to create a calm, relaxed teaching/learning environment
Organization - Keep current records for classes which include taking attendance and calculating grades
Resourcefulness - Prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers prior to lesson
Communication - Attend weekly staff meetings
Qualifications and Skills
Teaching Certificate - Standard or Certificate of Eligibility
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage are offered to Full-time staff
Salary: $53,000.00/year to start with opportunities for additional financial compensation
We are seeking a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of STEM teacher.
The STEM teacher will be responsible for developing learning activities and hands-on material,
tending to individual student needs, and communicating regularly with parents.
To ensure success as a STEM teacher, candidates should have a strong quantitative background,
demonstrate empathy, and have good written and verbal communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch
STEM teacher will have excellent classroom management abilities and engage students with the
STEM Teacher Responsibilities:
● Developing STEM curricula.
● Planning daily lessons.
● Adopting a data-driven attitude towards measuring learner progress.
● Developing STEM learning activities and hands-on material for classes.
● Attending to individual student needs.
● Demonstrating an awareness of different student backgrounds and cultures.
● Communicating regularly with parents.
● Providing extra support to students who need it.
● Monitoring student growth to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
● Using learner data to constantly refine your curriculum.
● Providing regular feedback to students.
STEM Teacher Requirements:
● Bachelor's degree in a STEM field.
● State teaching license in the relevant field.
● Knowledge of STEM best practices.
● Empathy and great interpersonal skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication.
● Proficiency with basic computer software such as Word and Excel.
● Experience working with children and adolescents. Previous experience as a STEM teacher
will be advantageous.
● Good classroom management skills.
● Good teamwork abilities.